It doesn’t seem possible that January is over already, but watch out – it is. I love making lists, setting goals, and reflecting and that’s what I want to do today. In all of the mundane day-to-day tasks, it’s so easy to lose everything else that’s happening. It’s so easy for me to think my January has been working, sleeping, knitting, and a few other little things thrown in, but it turns those big things were the real little things, and these little things made for quite a beautiful January.
January’s Little Things:
- Ferguson – Ferguson is the cutest Lion Head Bunny I have ever seen in my life. I had no idea I even wanted a bunny until I saw Ferg’s cute little picture on Facebook, and a few hours later he was sprinting around my living room. It is so nice to ‘always have someone home’, and I can’t believe I love this cute little bunny so much that I don’t mind when he steps on my face at 4AM. [You can follow him on IG @fergusonjethro]
- Garth Brooks in concert – There’s not much to say about this besides it was incredible and if you get the chance, you should go! [I’m looking at you, Alli!]
- Studying Spanish – I’ve taken Spanish many, many times, but somehow I am still not fluent. I took a class from a Spanish priest when I was in elementary school, four years in high school, and a semester in college – it seems like I should pretty much be fluent at this point, but I am somehow far, far from it. I downloaded an app called ‘DuoLingo’ and I love it! It feels like I’m playing a game on my phone, but I’m also learning.
- Knitting my first (second, and third) sweater(s) – I have been wanting to tackle this big knitting goal for a while, and I finally brought myself to do it. Truthfully, once I started I got so excited about it that I am currently in the middle of three sweaters.
- This month I made it a point to unsubscribe from all of the unwanted email lists I ended up on. This seems like a tiny accomplishment, but believe me, it wasn’t. It was a small step, but it feels so good to not have my email cluttered up anymore, plus not be tempted any more by all those great sales from Old Navy, free gifts from Shutterfly, etc.
In February I’m looking forward to:
- Taking a cake decorating class – I wanted to do something new where I was learning, meeting new people, and doing something creative, plus I’m obsessed with baking shows. I’m so excited to learn more about cake decorating—and when I say ‘to learn more’, I mean to know anything.
- Conquering Whole30 – I can’t tell you how many times I have started a different diet or ‘eating plan’. I’ll write more about this in the future, but for now I’ll leave it at this: This time I WILL complete Whole 30, and I’m posting it publicly so that you can keep me accountable. Please?
- Taking a pottery class – I have zero experience whatsoever in pottery, and I’m not entirely sure I’ll even love it, but I can’t wait to try it. I envision making beautiful bowls and coffee mugs, we will see how reality turns out.
What are you looking forward to in February?